If you own a Netgear desktop-genie router, you’ll update your firmware by following these steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to http://www.routerlogin.net. AND desktop genie
- Enter admin as username and password as the password.
- Once you access your router settings, attend ADVANCED > Administration.
- Choose Firmware Update or Router Update button.
- Click the Check button. The router will now check for available updates. If updates are available, you’ll be asked to download them.
- Click the Yes button to download and install the updates.
confirm that you simply don’t interrupt the upgrade process in any way. Don’t close your browser, open any pages or perform any Internet-related activity. The update process can take about 5 minutes, so twiddling my thumbs.
- Following the update method is completed, your router will restart.
As you’ll see, updating firmware on Netgear router is sort of simple since you’ll download and install it automatically.
If you can’t download the update automatically, you’ll install it manually by following these steps:
- Visit NETGEAR Download Center, enter your router’s model and download the newest firmware for your router.
- Now log in to your router by following the steps 1-4 from above.
- Once you log in, click the Choose File or Browse button.
- Locate the update file and choose it.
- The update process will now start, so make certain to not interrupt it.
Netgear routers further help firmware upgrade utilising the NETGEAR desktop genie software.
To update your router’s firmware utilising this software, follow these actions:
- Start NETGEAR desktop genie software and click on Router Settings.
- When the login screen appears, enter admin as username and password as the password.
- Now click the proper arrow within the upper right corner and choose the Router Update tab.
- Click Router Update > Next. the appliance will now check for available firmware updates.
- If a replacement version of firmware is out there, you’ll get the confirmation message. Click okay to download and install the new firmware.
- Wait patiently for the update process to end and don’t interrupt it.