Update your Asus router firmware regularly to urge the newest updates for your router. you’ll either update on ASUSWRT or update it manually.
Update on ASUSWRT
1. Open an internet browser and navigate to ASUSWRT.
2. You’ll see a pop-up message at the upper right corner if any remake of firmware is out there.
3. Click [Update now] and it’ll lead you to Administration-> System page. Click on [Firmware Upgrade].
4. Please wait a couple of minutes until the upload is completed.
1. Download the newest version of the firmware for your device from the ASUS Website (We use the RT-AX88U router as an example. you’ll find the corresponding support page of your router on allcustomernumber.com Networking website: https://www.asus.com/
2. Download the file and unzip the file. you’ll see a w. file (on the right).
3. Open an internet browser and navigate to ASUSWRT. Key in your username and password
4. Find Administration in Advanced Settings -> Click on Firmware Upgrade -> Click Upload.
5. Choose the firmware file you would like to upload and click on the [Open] button to upload the firmware.
6. Please wait a couple of minutes until the upload is completed.
※Notice: it’s recommended to revive to factory default settings by pressing 5 seconds on the rock bottom of the wireless router after doing a firmware update.