Before you’ll remotely access your Netgear router using ReadyCLOUD, you would like to make a ReadyCLOUD account and register your router.
You need the next items:
* Computer or WiFi device with a completely functional browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Chrome for Android, Dolphin, Android stock browser, etc.)
* NETGEAR router Visit the Which NETGEAR routers support ReadyCLOUD? support article and check if your NETGEAR router supports ReadyCLOUD.
* USB storage device connected to your NETGEAR router
* ReadyCLOUD account
If you already created a ReadyCLOUD account and registered your router, visit http://readycloud.netgear.com, click the sign-up link, enter your ReadyCLOUD username and password, and click on on the signup button.
If you’re accessing Netgear using ReadyCLOUD for the first time, read the next procedure.
To place up your ReadyCLOUD account and register your router:
1. Visit the Which NETGEAR routers support ReadyCLOUD?
2. Create a ReadyCLOUD account:
a. Launch an online browser on a computer or WiFi device.
b.Visit https://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=access. The signup screen displays.
c. Click the Create Account link. The ReadyCLOUD Account screen displays.
d. Complete the fields to line up your account, and click on the Create button.
3. Connect a USB storage device to a USB port on your router.
4. Log in to your NETGEAR router at http://routerlogin.net from a computer or WiFi device that’s connected to the router’s WiFi network. For more information about the thanks to logging in, see the user manual for your router. The BASIC Home screen displays.
5. If you use DSL and your Internet connection requires a login, you would like to vary your router’s connection mode to Always On. The router must maintain an unbroken, low-traffic rate Internet connection to ReadyCLOUD to easily access your USB storage device remotely. ask your Internet Service Provider for any possible time-based usage charges.
A. Select the Internet.
1. Choose Yes for Does your Internet connection needs a login?.
2. From the Connection Mode menu, select Always On.
3. Click the Apply button.
Your changes are saved.
6. Register your router:
a. From the router BASIC Home screen, select ReadySHARE. The USB Storage (Basic Settings) screen displays.
b. Select the ReadyCLOUD (Allows you to access your ReadySHARE storage device from anywhere) radio button. The screen adjusts
c. Enter your ReadyCLOUD username and password and click on the Register button. The router is now registered alongside your ReadyCLOUD account.
7. After registration, visit http://readycloud.netgear.com.
8. Click the signup link, enter your ReadyCLOUD username and password, and click on on the signup button. The ReadyCLOUD screen displays an icon for the NETGEAR router and thus the USB storage device that you simply registered. And thus you can access the Netgear router using Readycloud.